Friday, January 30, 2009

Taking care of the Home a Womans duty


These are not set in stone But only views and things God has allowed me to learn and see as I seek him in prayer and read my bible daily. I'm not writing this to judge anyone nor offend but some may go away thinking so(If you do I'm sorry).

I have not always been a stay at home mom or a stay at home woman at that but have worked all of my life up until I had my first daughter (she is 4). Then I worked on and off for about the first 2 years of her life. During the time I worked I felt as though I didn't want to work outside the home but I also felt as though I didn't want to be home all day not being out in the world working. I finally quit my Job I had at the time and decided that I had had enough and was going to give the stay at home life a chance and see what could be done, It went well for a while then I felt as though I started to get bored with things and I thought surely this is not what God wants me to do stay home all day clean house then sit around being bored, So I ventured out and got another job thinking it would take care of my boredom and give me more money that I thought we needed when all I really needed was to pray and ask God for help. I soon relized after reading my bible and thinking upon what God was trying to teach me that Gods will for my life was to not work but to stay at home and take care of my family and look after my household (my palace).

Now almost 1yr. 1/2 since I have worked and I have a whole new perspective and set of thoughts on what it means to be a stay at home mom. We as married woman are not meant to be out in the wolrd tossed 2 and fro with worldly buisness and taking on the stress of an everyday Job outside of the home.....Our job is the home, It is packed with enough stress, work and care that we as woman are meant to handle. We have a husband who needs our love and attention and children that need our care and concern rather wasteing it all on trying to gain pay raises and promotions in a worldly job.

Homemaking is an art and a skill that only a woman can perfect as her husband stands by her side as her authority and giving the encouragment and help she needs along the way. We have a totally different makeup than men and can take the time to do things in the home that should only have a womans touch ( thats another blog). I take pride, care in concern for all that I do for and in my home. I want my home to be most and foremost clean, warm and inviting to my family and those from the outside that come in so that Gods love can shine through and I can be the witness and ambassador of Christ we are meant to be.

If you are intrested in studying about What a woman in Christ to be there are many scriptures in the bible that I have studied and have been a help to me Titus chpt.2, proverbs chpt. 31 both have played a great role in my life and God has toaught me greatly by them along with many other resources about what we as woman in christ are to be. There is a role and a will for anyone that is willing to seek God and learn what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment